Sunday, October 11, 2009
There's only one way to celebrate your birthday... BarFly Style!!
Now that you are 21, there are a few things you should take note of;
1. Flashing the 'V' sign while taking photos is not cute anymore hokaay?!
2. If you wanna talk to a girl, just walk up to her and do so. Don't send a whole section of boys to do it for you, and pretend that you just want to take a photo.
3. Filling your stomach before a night of heavy drinking; Good idea. Ordering dory fish with heavy cream sauce; Bad idea.
4. The sing title is "Don't Stop Me Now", not "Having A Good Time".
5. Don't keep dissin' the CowboyBar/BarFlies, you will kena your just deserts many many times over one.
All in all, you performed admirably. And had the good sense to merlion very, very far away.
Happy Birthday, chow-keng Robin!
Sunday, October 04, 2009
Sometimes it takes just a picture, a few line in the papers to get people moving.
Now, I am not talking about Ris Low, or Tracy Ang. Those are fodder for idle time.
It was the typhoon that is sweeping across parts of SE Asia that did it for me. Pictures of helpless folks stranded by the floods, children who have lost their homes, families still trying to beef up their rickety abode against mother nature...
I went over to Mercy Relief Singapore's and read about their efforts there.
Hence, I started my weekend with a trip to the ATM and promptly transferred a modest amount to help Mercy Relief in their efforts.
It was probably what I would be spending at my favourite watering hole the same weekend anyways.