Friday, June 08, 2007

Post mortem

Going to an interview with a viral infection is no fun. I was sticking an inhaler up into my nostrils whilst waiting for my turn to be called. I had popped up to 8 pills the night before, which wasn't very restful. I was so hoping that I would not have a sneezing fit in front of the 3 interviewers.

So how did I do? Well, my nose held up, so that was a relief. It seem so short, but I was told that I was inside for 25 minutes. I managed to get by answering some situational questions with some success, bailed on one about in-flight sales, and also asked to explain why it was my 1st interview in 12 years. Towards the end I was asked what kind of leader I would most likely be, and I gave them the whole 9 yards... It was so coincidental that my friend from Bangkok posed the same question to me in a mock interview online just the other day!

All in all, I am glad that it is over. Now I can move on to stressing out, post interview, while they tabulate the results. 14 more days of stretching out my neck for the fateful email that'll determine what coloured tie I will be wearing for my 13th year with the company.

I am heading to Penang for the annual Penang International Dragon Boat Festival. I could have made it up there the same day of my interview, but I was so drugged out that I didn't make it to the airport at all. So I'm gonna head up there early morning, with my buffet of pills, and abstain from oily and spicy food.

Fantastic. That eliminates any gastronomic adventure that I should be having while in Penang. Yip-f##king-ee....

1 comment:

The Bimbo said...

Get better soon! Rest more.