Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Simply Hair Raising

Arsenal's season might be over, but here at Arsenal Singapore we still plan for activities for our fanclub. There will definately be a kickabout to keep them feet busy amongst members. Since I am not so good on my feet, I am concentrating on contributing to the community...

The first time I came to know about Hair for Hope was when friends of mine signed up as a volunteer shavee, and since I can't shave mine due to my line of work, I pledged against their names. I got in touch with the foundation recently, on behalf of Arsenal Singapore, and now am proud to say that we are working with Children's Cancer Foundation on their Hair for Hope 2009 project.

Creating awareness amongst a football fanclub is not easy, with many just content with watching the football being played on the big screen. With email blasts to members, and a stack of flyers, bit by bit I am hoping to reach out to more. Members are being roped in to volunteers to shave their hair in support of children who lose theirs while receiving treatment. 

The event will be held at Novena Square on 05July, and Arsenal Singapore will be making their presence felt.If you wish to make a contribution, please go to here to pledge any amount through our members, it's all going to a good cause.


See? Some good DOES come outta watching 22 men run around chasing a ball on a field!

No comments: