Friday, July 08, 2005

Failure is Success' Mother....

One'd think that I, like some people out there, have given up on this blogging business. I'm back though, and there a quite a few things to get up to speed with.

The biggest 'excuse' I can find for not blogging is that I've been heavily involed in the dragon boat competition just past a week ago. I could go on and on about it but I think my friend redcocoon's entry should cover it. The team went out for dinner and drinks after that Sunday, and oh, how we wolfed down them crabs and guzzled the beers. More drinks after that at a neighbourhood pub, and I went home pleasantly inebrieted. I did sorta rue the failure to secure a medal, by crying out like a skinny baby in my bed. Not tears-streaming-down kinda cry, but full on loud crying! Felt better after that, took a cold shower and slept like the drunk skinny baby that I am.

We take a break from training for 2 weeks, then it's back to basics training for the Nov event. It's being held at Boat Quay apparently, so this time no excuse for not bringing chilled beer to the race ah...


The annual bonus is in, and I have been whipping out my wallet with gusto. Other than the Canon A520 that my dear Sis gave me as a very much advanced birthday gift(watch out for more pictures soon!), I also went on to buy new computer parts, sneakers, furniture from ikea, and locally designed Tees. Must remember to set aside some for savings and Mum(to buy sweets with :P) before I spend it all. Think I still aiming for the K750i, seen it first hand and I'm in luurve... So, the A520 for experimental amateur photography, and K750i for snapshots good enough to print. WooHoo!!


I went down on Monday night to Wala Wala, to catch up on my drinking whilst listening to good music la. This is the first time I went for Monday's Shirlyn's trio, and a departure from the big sounds that I'm accustomed to. An acoustic set, 3 good(struggling) musicians, 3 guitars, 1 good Monday night. I suspect there were some who innocently popped in for a Monday blues drink, some who were Jack fans, and some, like me, who's never heard Shirlyn play acoustic. I should be there Saturday night again to rock it out with The UnXpected again, before I get back into the groove of training again.


Oh and did I mention my packed roster up till end August? Will have to get ready to pack and unpack quickly for the next few weeks, cuz I have Osaka, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Hong Kong, London trips coming up! Ahh, people like me have all the luck... ...

No comments: