Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hear ye...Hear ye...

Well another weekend spent at home. Laundry's piling up, suitcase still unpacked from previous trip, and I'm going to witness my Bro getting registered tomorrow, before flying off to Beijing on a red-eye flight. You'd think I'm running around like a headless chicken, but nope, I'm using my powerful procrastinating skills to leave everything till the last minute! A skill honed well over the years, it should not be attempted by the weak of heart.

I'm going to this workshop organized by Canon since I got hold of their products, courtesy of my dear Sis. Hopefully I come away with some knowledge on how to take more interesting shots rather than point-and-shoot or over-exposing subjects to too much flash. Also picking up some tips online and also thru Wen's Flickr . Dunno whether I'll then head to Wala or not. Training will start soon, and I don't wanna show up at the boat area with too much of a paunch.

I'll be volunteering at the recruitment drive on Wed, hopefully can sign more people up for future trainings. I was looking forward to the twice weekly trainings, but was told that it'll only be once a week for now. I can understand that the coaches and team manager can't always sacrifice their time for the team, however I wonder if it'll just fizzle out if we don't have trainings on more days...

I have a London trip coming up soon, and one more in August. Will pack my good walking shoes to enjoy the summer, and also take less public transport. You read,hear and see it happening over there, and wonder if the same thing happened here, how'd we react? We are a pampered, bochup lot here on the little red dot, no matter how the men in suits say otherwise. Best to avoid crowded places like the coming Comex 2005 , those places are a disaster waiting to happen.

Speaking of August, the Hungry Ghost Festival coming hor? Luckily the rain comes now and then, so you won;t have too much ashes flying around. Gotta remember to dry my clothes indoors, in case it gets burnt. I saw a preview of a local movie about this period, could go watch it.

Bet you missed this ad in TNP recently....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's (SINGA) single..n available... dat was several mths bk...who knows...maybe ; )