Friday, April 13, 2007

7 hour itch

I'd just went through 7 hours of torture. My hands were sweaty, my fingers itching, my throat was dry, and I couldn't function properly.

Why??

I had left my mobile phone at home when I went out.

It's always been there in my right pocket. The textured feel of the keypads comfort me when my hand is tucked in. In it's absence, the fingers just dunno what to twiddle at in the pocket.

There I was in a mall full of people, yet feeling so disconnected from it all. I look on with envy at others fooling around with their little precious, and curse my own muddleheaded-ness.

In the madness of it all, I'd forgotten that there are other ways to stay in touch. The good 'ol coin phone. I almost (almost) yelped out in glee as the ten cent coin made it's way in and the familiar dial tones rang out as each digit on the payphone I pressed, with earnest.

So after rushing home from Yishun to Hougang, I immediately picked up my darling k800i and took a long, hard look at the screen...

Nabez...nobody messaged me!!!

5 comments:

SgGooner said...

hahaha! dude, sometimes it's good to feel disconnected for a bit. it happened to me when i lost my hp. after the bitterness, it felt peaceful for a few days...

but i still had to get that hp!

Siren said...

aiyo! hahaha poor thing... happen to me before. I left the house to go to work and left my hp at home....

by noon i couldn't tahan already! so i sacrificed lunch to go home and get my phone haha...

None said...

my arsenal jersy cant dry in time from washing this afternoon (so im not going down without wearing it)...finally found it. Finally see the light again!
(duno still can fit or not)

Since my jersy see light again, Gunners will win 5-0 tonight, bappy scoring a hat trick to make amends. :D

The Bimbo said...

lol I also freak out when I don't have mine. :P

Unknown said...

Welcome to my blog BoBo