Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Taking it on the road..almost

So there I am all ready to go online after connecting to a wireless network(unsecured=free!). Then I'm dumbfounded as to why I can't get onto the internet. I checked, rechecked, reconnected, restarted...still no internet. Wanted to check forums for source of problem, but wait, have to BE ONLINE first! Nabez go back must sort out with service centre liao.

So I'm still stuck to a network cable in the hotel as of now. Would be nice to be able to surf outdoors at the park at Sony Metreon in San Francisco, the weather's divine here. It's been a while since I was last here, but everything is still familiar. The shopping is but a hop, skip away from the hotel. I went into overdrive and bought too much stuff at Old Navy, then found that they are not the right size. Blessing in disguise, will go back to return them and save the money for Hong Kong on the way back.

Hong Kong is bustling as usual. It used to be hard for me to get around, cantonese not being my strong dialect. After a few years though, I can get by with some useful phrases, plus many speak Mandarin (Guo Yu) now so it's easier for the uninitiated.

Shopping here is cheaper of course, and I picked up 2 Crocodile polos here. And everywhere I turn I wanna snack on something; Portuguese egg tarts from Macau cafe, roast pigeon, dan nai, desserts from Hoi Lau San, yu dan, ping pong wanton... Just wait till I fly back and do more damage to my gut and wallet.

Well, it's off to a late breakfast then. Later's people.

No comments: