Monday, November 20, 2006

Postcard from Zurich

I am now sitting in the crew lounge in Zurich, Rolex country, sipping on my merlot while it drizzles outside with temperatures going down to almost 5 degrees Celsius. Wish I could sit down to some nice Swiss fondue...

I came off the plane this morning all aching as I was not operating on this leg, and had the "luxury" of sitting all the way through the night.

The 744 should be consigned to operate cargo flights only. This plane was a big hit when it started operating eons ago, but with newer aircrafts coming online, this dinosaur should really retire soon. The pitch is way too small even for Asian travelers, it gets very warm at the back of the aircraft while it is on ground, and the interior generally looks very dated. I was just walking around the aircraft for most times of the flight, as I did not wanna get back into my cramped seat on a full flight. I ate before the flight, and so didn't had much food on board. By the time breakfast was served, I had my eyeshade and earplugs on and slept till landing.

I think I should adjust to eating just enough from now on. Like not have the buffet and go ala carte instead when at a restaurant. I did well today; choosing to have a lamb fillet instead of attacking the buffet line (although I didn't expect a few slivers of meat with a large hashbrown). Dinner was a small Greek salad and a doner kebab. I feel lighter and not so stuffed like I used to. Hitting the gym was a good idea too. I have to keep reminding myself to be as active as possible. Have to keep up with the younger stewards, man.

Lucky thing I have my iPod and PSP with me on this flight. Swiss TV is the very boring, plus I dunno they gong simi...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have great adventures, dude. Take more pics of the countries you visit. Honestly, I was familiar that Zurich was Switzerland till you told me a couple days back (malu). In any case, keep warm and come back quick for the games...

Anonymous said...

have to disagree with you dude, i love the biz class upper deck on the 74s, it's so much quieter and row 17 is as good as first class.

also like the larger handicap loo on the portside of the main deck in j class.

heheh, guess i fly too much eh?

dude you gotta eat croissants in zurich, much better than anything you can get in singapore, really crisp and delicious, i usually go to any cafe on bahnhofstrasse or limmathof.

when are you back?