Saturday, November 11, 2006

We made it into the Semis!

I really am surprised to see all 3 teams(2 mixed, 1 Ladies') from AirCrew Dragon Boat Club make it into the semi-finals tomorrow. Honestly, I was not too optimistic as the teams didn't row together at all since the July events, just the few odd trainings with a handful of rowers. However, paddle hard we did and were duly rewarded with good timings to make it into tomorrow's races.

I'm most impressed with the ladies team. They got off to a smooth start, fell back after 150m, but managed to inch forward from there on to grab 1st position, a photo finish. I rushed to the control to wait for the official result, and saw the nice boy scrawl a "1" next to the our team name. I jumped for joy and ran to hug all the gals, who were dripping wet! No matter, I was most proud of them!!

I now believe that we are a team to be reckoned with in the corporate events.

Tomorrow will be more of the same, plus an extra ommph from each and everyone of us.

Come support us!

No comments: