Saturday, December 01, 2007

A warm, fuzzy feeling

Usually I spend much time online doing a whole lot of nothing.

Past few days I have been hammering at the keyboard like a crazed monkey, sending out emails left, right, centre.

The reason being Arsenal Singapore is trying to put together an event for some young teenagers from The Salvation Army's The Haven on 12th Jan '08.

"The Haven is a residential home for abandoned, abused and neglected children, mostly referred to The Salvation Army for care by the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports."



Yours truly here have been tasked to put things together.

My inexperience showed, right from the first email I sent out; it's always better to call the organization up first before sending out the email, so I've been told.

That and other helpful tips has got me closer to achieving the club's objective of not only being a supporters' club, but a supporters' club that cares for the community as well.

There are flyers to be printed, volunteers to be canvassed, equipment to be borrowed, activities to be planned out...

I actually am feeling quite useful in all this, it's been a while now.

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

I wanna go I wanna go I wanna go!!

Unknown said...

more details will be out soon on the club website