Friday, January 19, 2007

Rub-a dub-dub, 3 Gooners in a club

So it was decided that Thurs will be a boys night out.

I met up with Shai at Clarke Quay and found our way to The Clinic. The only reason I chose that joint was cuz it allowed free entry for crew (me) and a guest (Shai). Plus drinks are 1 for 1, so it won't hurt to check it out right?

1st impressions? Perhaps we were there too early, cuz all we saw were the male of the species, aside from the waitresses, there. The fact that the bartenders were acting in a non-professional way (read:like monkeys) killed it for us. Too many young boys celebrating their ORD (my time hor they call it ROD leh), too little eye candy. We split without asking for our 2nd jug of beer.

Pump Room was dead. Enough said.

I thought we should head down to my usual haunt of donkey years back, Velvet@Zouk. We msged SgGooner of our last minute diversion, and met at the taxi stand. I was surprised, even shock, to see that there were no one hanging around outside the club even though it was close to the witching hour. I ventured in and found the club almost empty. After enquiring from my fav waitress Margaret, I understand that many of the fickle clubbers are sussing out the new clubs that are sprouting up like the aedes mosquitoes, each offering their brand of crew/media/whateva night. I couldn't come up with where all the crew are partying now, as I am more a shorts & slipper night out kinda guy now.

Still us Gooners had our fair share of drinks, with Shai and SGGooner doing their shuffle together which reminds me of Henry and Adebayor dancing at the sidelines. Me? I did the only thing I ever do at Velvet, watch the crowd. The heydays of seeing a crew at every turn are gone. In their place; tourists, the uninitiated, the ugly...

I reminded the staff that their excellent service will eventually lure the crowd back. Zouk fought off Centro360, they will triumph over the minnows at Clarke Quay too...

So what does 3 grown men do after a night out without much action at the clubs? Go look for chicken la... the Boon Tong Kee type of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I love the last part, Boon Tong Kee.

SgGooner said...

yeah, we love our chicken, eh?

Siren said...

All that club-hopping and you guys only talk about the chicken rice? hahaha

Siren said...

oh btw, when henry scores, you guys gonna do the shuffle at the Liz yes?

(T) (H) (B) said...

I've never club on Thursdays. Maybe wrong day la dude.