Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Show that never was...

e open air concert by e UnXpected was cancelled last
night due to bad weather, namely thunder. I went ahead
w my late dinnerat Marina Sq. Maybe it's cuz I haven't
been there for a while, but e dang mall is H-U-G-E!
There's like a whole wing dedicated to food alone; you
can dine at a fancy restaurant, gorge yourself at
Parisse buffet, or enjoy simple fare at the new food
court. Some weekends the retail wing open till 1am
during e GSS.


Me Sis called n asked me to join her at NUSS Guild
House. Had to walk all the way to Suntec Tower 4 in
order to get there. Now, yours truly was in berms,
t-shirt n sneakers, so I had a feeling that I won't be
let into the bar without breaking e dresscode. Sure
enough, e Manager walks in with a pair of pants and
shirt, requesting us(another guy in e group was also
not dressed for e occasion) to put it on. I dunno
about other places, but what they offerred us to wear
was hedious, to say e least. I looked like an usher at
a theme park. I sat through e rest of my stay there,
afraid that the pair of oversized pants they loaned me
will just slip to my ankles.

I had a morning flt today, so took my leave at around
11.

Got this e-mail from my coach racing team;

"Dear rowers, please observe the following points:

On your own, do 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 dips(3
sets each) everyday and run as much as you can until
30jun.
DO NOT WORK OUT ON 1ST JULY(REST DAY)

From 17th to 23rd June, eat lots of food with
protein(protein diet). Try not to take too much
carbohydrates during this period. Deprive your body
from carbohydrates.

From 24th Jun to race day, eat a lot of carbohydrates
and less protein to load energy for the race day.

NO DRINKING FROM 30TH JUN TO RACE DAY>

DRINK LOTS OF WATER BEFORE THE RACE.

Pls take these measures seriously, thank you and see
you all for training"

I just had to give up my long flight to Taipei/LA end
of e month in order to join in e intensive training
before e race on 2nd and 3rd July. It's at e Marina
Bayfront so grab your shades, slap on some good'ol
sunscreen and come on down to cheer on your fav
teams(hopefully mine la).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please remind me when the date is near. I will go ra ra for your team if i can make it.