Monday, May 15, 2006

Failure to Launch

So I heard there were 3 long weekends in May this year. People must've had a good time spending their Progress Package. I heard they had such a good time, that many didn't bother about the elections.

I'd wanted to cast my vote, would've been a first for me. Living in one of the most fiercely contested seat on the island, I'd wanted my vote counted. Alas, work kept me away and I came back to find that it was down to the wire on vote counting day.

I'm impressed with what the other party has done, grabbing a sizable percentage. I won't say I don't like the way many things are done now, but an alternative voice would be nice to hear instead of the usual drone that you get at every political broadcast.

@

Vacation time is here again, all 10days of it. I'd zealously took out my calendar and started plotting my errands, tasks, and social gatherings when I stopped.

For all best intentions, I've never been a good Virgo ie. a perfectionist. Sure I bitch about some of my colleagues' lack of pride in their work, and yes I have a system of doing my laundry(down to the order of washing them). Take a look around me, however, and you'd realise that I'm not destined for the big time.

I'm more prone to planning to fail, rather than the other way round.

@

I've recently become involved in the administrative running of my 2 extra curricular activities. Both somewhat involve motivating people to get off their butts and doing something that they have a keen interest in.

Not easy, when you consider that the general populace is sharply honed in apathy. I always wonder how the people who started it keeps going. Where do they find the zest, on top of ecking out a living in their daily life? Truly, leadership is a skill that will take me many moons to master.

Good leaders talk, great leaders DO.

2 comments:

SgGooner said...

hey, i like that last bit. good leaders talk. great leaders do... will keep that in mind at work. cheers

Anonymous said...

yup..all talk n no do is a waste of every1's time.especially in ur line of work..team wrk is the ultimate ppl look 4..kudos to dat!