Friday, November 23, 2007

Eat Drink Man Woman

The heavy drinking/gathering sessions while overseas are a thing of the past. A fond, often hazy, memory of my younger days in my occupation.

That's not to say that I don't miss it. The camaraderie, the sideshows that goes on in the background, the incessant chatter that raises a few decibels with every clink of the glass. Often we have to change a few venues when security comes knocking at our doors.

Used to be a few dozen beers will suffice. Now, a diverse playlist in the iPod coupled with a decent speaker is a minimum. Then Black Label, Green Label, MacCallen, Absolut and the odd Bombay Gin make their regular appearances on the table. Of course, in wine countries such as Australia or France, the chardonnays, shiraz, bourdeux, and sauvignon blancs are the star. The snacks/titbits are no less important here. The right chips, selection of cheese, even a nice plate of fried rice more than a party makes.


Whilst it was often a case of me being stripped down to my boxers when I first started-I was so young and naive then, now I just nurse my drink whilst watching others make a fool of themselves. Sometimes, things get a bit heated up and people get hot under the collar. That is when the less inebriated posse such as me step in so that the situation does not go out of proportion.

Rant over. Time to go nurse a slight hangover. Any tips?

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Being experienced u shd know how to nurse a slight hangover right? hm... Drink tea? Go shit. Drink more water????