Sunday, September 07, 2008

Had myself..a real good time...


Yesterday was when my birthday celebration really took off.

I had my trepidations, not knowing how drunk I will get. The nice people from CowBoyBar were ready to unleash up to 3 "waterfalls" on me. The others from Arsenal Singapore and Batam Cable Ski were not gonna let me off lightly either.

Or so I thought.

The evening got off well enough, I started off with a Kilkenny to calm the butterflies in my rotund tummy. Ed was first to arrive and I promptly got him to chope the next table. Allen was next, so he sat at the table next to mine. Good, 3 tables of merrymakers.

The rest of the gang streamed in before the first set kicked off, with most of them escaping the downpour outside. The 1st of 2 bottles of whisky was ordered and I stuck with that for the rest of the night. Then I was roving around the 3 tables like a 小姐 at Kabuki KTV, sans tips...

"先生贵姓?第一次来吗?我是24号,您叫我小辣椒就行了!嘻嘻。。。"

Of course, certain most all parts of the night is a blur now. But overall, I didn't make too much of a fool of myself, or embarrass my friends too much. I do recall standing on the stool when my Sis mentioned me on stage though...details are sketchy at the moment, but I'm sure my friends will be filling me in.

From what my friends tell me, I was quite steady for the most part of the evening. At one point, when my dear Sis was singing her band's version of I will survive, I stayed in the wash room till she got over the verse where she mentions something about her brother when he was 3. Other than that, I think I was pretty steady throughout the night.

I abhor the dearth of birthday cakes when people celebrate at Wala Wala, so I was beaming when I came back to find a very nice one with a candle waiting for me. Someone told me that I was skilful slicing up the cake after the birthday song. That's cuz I was still sober while cutting it, I told her.

So all in all, I came out at the end of the night pretty unscathed. I was not reduced to a longkang fairy, I didn't start any fights, or go around hugging strangers. The gifts I received were wonderful, and my Sis didn't have to tsk tsk at me throughout.

I only just scrapped my knee at the end of the night. Even that I only have sketchy details. Think it involves me dashing across the road...



Thank you to all who were present, and also to those who sent your well wishes via emails/sms. Pictures of the night will be up soon on the left of the page.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you did on your birthday party was hilarious. I've never seen that side of you. What actually happened on that night, well, I'm not gonna reveal them here.

But you didn't have 3 waterfalls. You had one, only, and your attempt to suck the fiery juice to completion failed.

As for knee scrapping incident, let's just say, you were happy, merry and tripping....

Anonymous said...

We let you off easy lor. We were very tame by our normal cowboybar standard.

Ed

Unknown said...

Shai- From what I know they positioned the straw wrongly, so no count!!

Ed- Heh so I let off easy eh..thanks!

Anonymous said...

ah tiong. why you never reply my comment in your previous post. i am very sad. i will go and commit suicide now. you angry i never go your birthday is it.

*kneels on durian shells*

cakie

Unknown said...

Cakie- no la.. u busy getting ready to fly the coop, i understand...

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed bro! :)

Anonymous said...

Now its r3g turn to die. Especially with the Gods return.

Anonymous said...

glad you had lotsa fun, M Butterfly for the nite! and yes, you got off easy by bar standards.

Posh

Jaschocolate said...

sad.. i cant make it that day.. can see u have lots of fun :)

None said...

u have not tasted the full power of the cbb people drink sessions. Bwahahahahaahaaa