Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picking up the pieces, again...

So I had a taste of 卫生麻将-MahJong after a long time when, after the reunion dinner, I asked if my teenage niece plays. Soon we were sitting down playing a healthy, short session.

When I got home I had this itch that just wouldn't go away. Started plurking about it. If not for the last minute logistics plus the midnight charge, we would've had a game right at my place the same night/morning. We settled for one round of WahJong on Viwawa instead...

A game was finally organised last night, I was impressed at how we made the decision at such short notice. I had to lug a Mahjong table from my brother's place, along with the set. Then the splitting of the chips (I would've preferrred to play with actual cash la). After which it was a matter of waiting for the kars to arrive...

All came with significant other in tow, but the Wii made sure they were not left gawking over our shoulders. Nick Lee came with refereshments, and Cow went to buy MacDonalds for the peckish gamblers. Thiang this time had a chance to improve on her MarioKart, sans alcohol punishment. Credit to 嘻哈赌妹 1121 for keeping the spirits up throughout the night till first light in the morning.

Perhaps it had to do with the fact that I haven't touched a set of tiles for so long, I was wide awake for the whole sesion. The clickity-clacking, the friendly banter, the mindphucking amongst 4 players, the cursing at an inanimate object. It all came back to me...Funny how I used to struggle through even 2 rounds, and once dozed off while picking up a tile.

It could be that I no longer am the 放炮菜头!

No comments: