Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bird-Day part duex

I've just found out that people celebrate birthdays over the whole of a week.

I was at Wala rocking out with my Sis when the gal at the next table mentioned that tonight was her first day of a week-long celebration for her birthday. I guess it makes sense; with people spread all over the island and schedules to juggle, one should take a week off for his birthday to have all his friends celebrate for him. Problem is the hangover that one has to deal with, for a whole week.

I was there early with Mickey and also my new friend Shai, a Gooner I just got to know. Lucky too, cuz the joint filled up fast and my other friends who came later had to stand in line till the place cleared out somewhat. Much beer and chicken wings followed. Of course there's the ubiquitous cake, which I shared with The UnXpected people, my friends, the nice staff Mona and her bouncers, even the gal at the next table. Yummy cake I must say...

After the last song it was some late night shopping at Cold Storage( it stays open 24/7 at Holland V!) with dear Spunky before heading home to wind down, in anticipation of MY week-long birthday celebration.

Incidentally, it was Teachers' Day and many went to Wala to celebrate. Used to be teachers were these aunties old enough to be your mother with a cane in one hand, textbook the other. These days, they're much younger and more... well, liberated.

Times, they are a changing.

5 comments:

SgGooner said...

one week long b'day celebrations eh? ok, we'll continue at liz this coming sat...

Unknown said...

heh, as long as there's no more cake :P

Anonymous said...

Kev told me that our photos look like a gay couple.
KNN.. I don't know want to take that as a compliment or insult.
You still drinking....
We shall continue on Sat. Ask Candy to come la, then can challenge her to counting game...
See ya

Unknown said...

Heh... Sat I take one with Kev, see which 'couple' more gay.

Sure will see whether Candice around not :)

Hey Kev, Tracy would like to meet up with your Man-ure Brother Blog, hee hee

SgGooner said...

It's ok, Tiong. I'll let you have Shai all to yourself this Sat. He told me secretly he was sooo 'happy' that night. Haha...

Anyway, I'll ask Brother Blog to come this Sat but I doubt he can. He'll probably come by for the ManUre-Arsenal game.