Monday, September 25, 2006

Finding their feet




So the next group stages of the Champions League will start on Tue(early Wed here). I will be in Narita by the time Arsenal kicks off with Porto at home. I hope I can catch it at the hotel, else have to depend in LiveScore or my fellow Gooners to update me on the match liao.

Speaking of home. I'm not the only one who suggests that the Gunners are still feeling their way around on the new Emirates pitch. Even Wenger says that they are slowly, but surely, finding their way on the pitch. Perhaps it may even add a new dimension to their play, this new pitch.

However, I hope they do find their feet and the goal when they play Porto. With a brand new stadium, a larger crowd, and fellow Gooners around the world rooting for them, they should do well to go through. Yes, play beautiful football, but also take the shots. This is the knockout stage, so only goals will get us through to the finals.

Come on Arsenal!!

1 comment:

SgGooner said...

Dude, not the knockout stages yet. Only group stages. Top two go thru to the knockout stages. So we have to get the points at home. And like you say, we're finding our feet at home. No worries...

Have a safe trip!