Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Writer's block...

After performing well at the Singapore River Regatta, I've been asked to write an article for the company paper. If you're interested, our ladies team came in 2nd in the inter-corporate event. Great credit to them; in a race where very few people gave them a chance, they proved that the gals in the air can do good on water too!

I have been assigned this duty since the last article that I wrote appeared in the much more widely circulated Group newsletter. I did my draft, sent it to my team manger for editing, who in turn submitted it to be further edited by the actual editor. When it finally got published, I couldn't recognise it as my own, save for a few quotes I got from the rowers.

Now, I have to tell you that I am not that good at writing. It's one thing to mash at the keyboard and upload onto my own blog. To send it in for publication, where a minimum of 7500 crew and more will read it, is another. I have to watch the grammer, the spelling, the punctuation marks, and stick closely to facts and figures.

Right now I'm tearing my hair out over the aforementioned article, and have a Friday deadline.

Great, just the way I'd like to spend my days off work.

UPDATE: Finally had it done 6pm Wednesday

No comments: