Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Eyes wide shut

Many people equate my job with seeing the world.

I wonder, do I really?

Have I seen the whole of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower? Have I meandered through enough of Japan's quirky streets? Have I actually experienced first hand a Turkish bathhouse? Have I watched a live soccer match at one of London's football clubs?

Sadly as people get on with age they are more afraid to try out new things, new experiences, preferring to fall back into their own comfort zone. Eat at the same 'ol crew joint, shop at the same 'ol 100yen shop, heck even do the job the same 'ol way!

Nothing wrong with being consistant. Just that one day you wake up old and wrinkled and you say to yourself," Dang I wish I did THAT back during my younger days..."

No comments: